You are successful because of your experiences, not in spite of them. And there are people in this world who need to hear your story, perspective and advice, because you are the right messenger for them.
Not all of us are inspirational speakers. But we are all trying to improve the human condition in our unique way. We do it because we’re inspired. We do it because we see opportunities. (…And sometimes we do it because we are irritated to the point we need to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!)
Life is preparing us to be of greater service in the world. During transitions we might think we have to stop being who we were, in order for us to become who we want to be. We ‘hide’ parts of ourselves from our audiences when we can’t see how our past is of service to them.
Signs that you might be leaving your platform off the platform:
- You have hobbies that your audiences don’t know about
- Your friends tell stories about you that your audiences have never heard
- Your spouse tells you about the keynote at an event … and it was you
You’re life is interesting. You have a unique perspective. And you don’t have to get rid of your past to brighten your future.
How do you bring your platform onto the platform?
- Tell stories that you are afraid to share
- Blur the line between business and pleasure
- Keep doing the thing that made you an expert
Don’t balance your life, integrate it
You are LIVING your legacy – don’t leave it behind when you step onto the platform.
To the Summit!